Anyone else bored at home and started baking more?! Because I sure have. Maybe its new mom life, maternity leave, quarentine, or a combo of it all. But whatever it is, Martha Stewart would be proud of my skills ;)
Alright, here is my recipe for my favorite banana bread. Feel free to substitue the ingredients for what fits your lifestyle, mine may not be the healthiest for some:
- 1 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Cups of All Purporse Flour
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Butter
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1 cup of chopped nuts or chocolate chips
15 minCook time:
50 min Total Time:
1 hour 5 minInstructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease pan with butter and set aside.
- In a bowl, heat butter until its melted (I put it in the microwave).
- Either in the same bowl or in a mixer, add the bananas and mash.
- Add in the vanilla extract and eggs to the same bowl, stir until no yellow streaks of egg remain.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingrediets and mix together. I do this in a mixer, I slowly add the dry ingredients so that I dont get clumps. You can also do it by hand and a spatula.
- Pour the batter into prepared load pan and bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.